Achievements & Archives
Games & Sports
Abhyasa School Sports & Achievements
Times of India: Record medal haul for city school at XXVIII Regional Sports Meet 2019
News Edition on 22nd September 2019
The students of Abhyasa International Residential School recently made a splash at the XXVIII Regional Sports Meet for ICSE and ISC Schools 2019 for Andhra Pradesh and Telangana region by winning 19 trophies and over 290 medals. Held at Gachibowli Stadium, the school also registered the maximum participation at the event. Vishnu Revanth Reddy, a student of Class XII, bagged the individual championship trophy in the U-19 Athletics category (Boys).
Organised by the Association of ICSE and ISC Schools, the meet was a culmination of various events that took place at different venues across the two states in the months of July, August and September and saw participation of 25 schools. Now, the selected players would compete at the National Meet to be held in different states across the country. The winners also stand a chance of selection for the School Games Federation of India (SGFI) tournament and representing the Council.
The impressive results of the residential school are a reflection of the focus their curriculum puts on developing the '3Cs' - creativity, confidence and character - in students, while delivering outstanding results in both sports and academics.
Abhyasa International Residential School
Contact: +91 91000 90333 / +91 91000 93333
XXVIII AP & TS Regional Sports Meet - Badminton Tournament 2019
On a bright morning the badminton team of Under 17 and Under 19 of Abhyasa boarded the school bus which headed towards V-SPORTS Academy in Nagole to participate in the AP & TELANGANA BADMINTON REGIONALS. The Abhyasites were very excited about the tournament. The first match was played by Aryan of class 8th in under 14 category, who won with a great margin. The next match was played by Raghava of 10th class in under 17 category with a good score, which was followed by doubles match of Rakshith and Raghava playing against their healthy opponents and succeeded. The under 19 girls Chikita, Riya & Sumathi had a chance to show their talent. Under 17 girls Amita, Navina & Meghana also played their match well, yet they also lost the match .Even the singles match played by the girls did not have any luck. In Spite of the under 19 boys match which was played by Roopesh of class 12th science ending on a sad note, the team had another chance to go further by playing doubles match on behalf of the team.The doubles were played by Vishnu & Charan and sadly, their journey ended at that point. But still a little smile was on under 17 boys who were into finals to play with FKS SCHOOL, RAJAHMUNDRY .Raghava gave a tough competition; though he was tired he played his best. The doubles match was played by Raghava & Rakshith, who ended up securing the second place in under 17 category.
The very next day we had Individual Championship for both the categories. Under 17 Raghava and under 19 Charan went till semi-finals and under 17 Vaishnav played singles match to go up to the quarter finals.
It is heartening to note that Charan and Raghava have been selected into Nationals for representing AP & TELANGANA STATE at state level, considering their skills and playing talents. Hope they do well to win laurels at the national level.
Nevertheless, we Abhyasites had bagged 5 silver medals in under 17 category team.
XVVIII AP and TS Regionals Sports Meet - Carrom's Competition 2019
Day 1: On July 20th the First day of Carrom's Regional meet was hosted by Sri Sai Public School, Patancheru. It was drizzling when the Abhyasites reached the venue.The opening ceremony began with a prayer song and the introduction of Chief Guest Smt. Apurva Rani, World Carrom's Champion, currently working in an Administrative office in LIC. Carrom matches commenced at 11:00 AM. The players of all the categories played league level matches. U-19 Girls of Abhyasa became table toppers while U-19 boys became runners-up and got selected for semi-finals. U-17 boys became table toppers with excellent performance by Laxmidhar of XI - BiPC whereas U-17 girls became runner-up in the table and U-14 body boys stood third in the table.
Day 2: On July 21st, the first match on day 2 of U-17 boys doubles team began with a loss of the match with near margin. Even the victory of U-17 boys singles by Mr. Hashwanth of X Grade could not help the team to be the table toppers. They lost their semis to Sri Sai Public School Nevertheless the Abhyasites won their Bronze fight in both singles as well as doubles. It was a surprising final for U-19 Girls who bagged the Gold Medal by defeating Nasr School. It is a great fete on the part of U-19 girls, who never lost any of the matches in the whole tournament. Sadly U-19 Boys made their way to final but could not reach the Gold medal.
Abhyasa wins the Kabaddi Tournament 2018
Abhyasa Seniors thrashed HPS in the final match of the inaugural Kabaddi tournament held at Abhyasa International Residential School on 29th July 2018. The tournament was conducted by the CISCE, New Delhi for all its associated schools of A.P and Telangana Region in its XXVII Regional Games and Sports Meet 2018. Total 14 schools from across AP & Telangana have participated in both the Seniors and Juniors category. In Seniors category, Abhyasa beat HPS, Begumpet to clinch Gold.
Earlier a grand inaugural ceremony was performed by the students of Abhyasa. The Chief Guest, Mr. Mir Hafeesuddin Ahmed, Principal of NASR School was accompanied by Mr. Vinaayaka Kalleetla, CEO & Founder Director of the School in a procession from the Administrative Block to the ‘Priyanka’s Playground’. The procession was led by the students dressed as pothrajus and Goddess Mahankali as in Bonalu festival of Telangana region. A solo invocation dance performance by Kumari Niyati a class IX student followed by a group folk dance by the junior girls of class V & VI added color and flavor to the opening ceremony. Later, the chief guest hoisted the Association Flag, inspected the parade of the participant students from various schools and then declared open the Kabaddi Tournament Meet by releasing 2 white doves. He administered the oath and then lighted the Meet torch which was carried by all the participating team captains and was handed over to Master Madhav, captain of Abhyasa Team to light the Meet Flame. Mr. Vinaayaka Kalleetla, felicitated the Chief Guest with a gift, memento and a shawl before appreciating and thanking the Kabaddi Federation officials.
Sports Meet - 2017
Abhyasa Record Breaking Performance At A.P. & Telangana Regional Sports Meet - 2017
Abhyasa Not Only Won 151 Medals, But Also Broke All Time Record Of Total Medals By A School. Abhyasa Also Won Overall Championship In Swimming Category Of Both Senior Boys & Senior Girls.
Athelets from Abhyasa Also Got Selected For National Sports Meet - 2017 To Represent A.P. & Telangana Region.
Congratulations to All The Students & All The Best For Their Future....
Abhyasa ISC FOOTBALL TEAM Clinches Gold 2017
In A.P. & TELENGANA REGIONAL SPORTS MEET Conducted by Association of ICSE & ISC Schools, A.P. & Telangana Region. Creating History Abhyasa team won against HPS in Semi-final & entered Finals to beat Heritage valley school in Grand way with the score of 3-1.
Abhyasa proudly lifts the title.
Congratulations to the champs... All the best for their future....
Abhyasa Boys won ICSE & ISC Swimming Overall Championship-2017
Abhyasa International Residential School,Toopran has Won Overall Championship in Swimming Competition of ISC Boys, in XXVI A.P TELANGANA REGIONAL SPORTS MEET 2017, conducted by ASSOICIATION OF ICSE & ISC SCHOOL, A.P & TELANGANA REGION, HYDERABAD, at GHMC Gurumurthy Swimming Pool,Secunderabad.
All the Major News Papers have published the article on 18th Aug 2017.
Congrats to all the winners...
Abhyasa Girls won ICSE & ISC Swimming Overall Championship-2017
Abhyasa International Residential School,Toopran has Won Overall Championship in Swimming Competition of ICSE & ISC Girls, in
XXVI A.P TELANGANA REGIONAL SPORTS MEET 2017, conducted by ASSOICIATION OF ICSE & ISC SCHOOL, A.P & TELANGANA REGION, HYDERABAD, at GHMC Gurumurthy Swimming Pool,Secunderabad.
Of the total Cumulative 54 points Abhyasa has clinched 34 Points all together with ICSE & ISC girls giving their record Performances.
Abhyasa Residential School claimed the overall championship title 2017
"Abhyasa Residential School claimed the overall championship title in the junior and senior categories with 35 points, in the ICSE & ISC Schools AP and Telangana region swimming championship."
Abhyasa U-12 Soccer Team wins the Runners Cup Celebrations 2016
The Abhyasa U-12 Soccer Team won the Runners Cup in the inaugural 5-a-side Dr. Sanjeevi Rao Memorial Under-12 Soccer Tournament organized by Oro Sports at Gandipet in the outskirts of Hyderabad on 5th and 6th February 2016. More than 30 schools and Football Academies participated in this league cum Knock-out tournament. Shreyas Munge of Class VI won the 'Golden Boot' award by scoring total 10 goals in the tournament. Mietul Chandranna of Class V came close by scoring 9 goals. Mr. K.T.Tama Rao was the chief Guest for the event and gave away the prizes to the winning teams. Team: Nayan (C ), Shreyas, Yash, Shivam, Aayush, Anshul, Vatsal and Mietul.
Achievements in Sports & Games 2016
- AP & Telangana Regional Sports 2016: Abhyasa has bagged the most number of medals: 141 in number including 1 Gold in Declamation; 10 Gold, 7 Silver, 9 Bronze medals in Athletics and 10 Gold, 9 Silver, 14 Bronze medals in Swimming; Followed by Runners-up in Volleyball & Badminton in Sr. Boys category; Runners-up in Volleyball & Basketball in Sr. Girls category; Runners-up in Hockey in Jr. Boys category in the AP & Telangana Regional Sports meet competitions held at Hyderabad in August 2016. As many as 35 Abhyasa Students represented the AP & Telangana Regions at the National Level and won Gold & Silver Medals in Hockey, Basketball & Athletics for the Region!
- Hyderabad District Athletic Association Open Meet 2016: In the athletic open meet for U/10, U/12 & U/14 categories held in Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Abhyasa Students won 3 medals including 1 gold in 400 meters and 2 silvers in Long Jump and 600 meters events.
- Abhyasa U/14, 6-a-side Football team won runners –up trophy in the Football tournament conducted by The Sports Gurukul at Boduppal wherein 16 school teams from Hyderabad have participated. Vishnu of class IX was adjudged the best player of the tournament for his 7 goals in 4 matches.
Abhyasa celebrated Annual Sports Day 2015
After the Hat-Trick win at the Horlicks Overall Champions the winning spree of Abhyasa did not stop. Winning the overall championship of the AP & Telangana Regional Sports Meet, which is an equally important event for the sports enthusiasts, was the next challenge. The winning of Horlicks had given the required momentum and every single person was super charged to bring accolades to themselves and for Abhyasa. With a lot of determination and dedication everyone was giving their 100 percent all out efforts.
Even though Abhyasa lost in Basketball, Football and Cricket in the boy's category, the senior girls winning bronze in Basketball and senior boys winning silver in the Volleyball gave some hope. The students in other events bucked up and made good the loss. It was time for Aquatics and the swimming team gave a total wash out performance by winning 11 gold, 13 silver and 10 bronze medals - a total of 34 medals.
The Badminton, Lawn Tennis and Quiz teams also won 3 Silver and 5 bronze medals in the senior's category and were able to showcase their talents in their field.
It was now time for the Athletes to prove their Mettle. It was a Grand event which took place at Gachibowli Stadium. Kumar Devanand led the contingent by winning gold and a bronze in 100M and Long Jump respectively. Thereafter there was no looking back as medals started flowing in Abhyasa's kitty. The senior boys and girls team won gold in 100M relay whereas the junior boys team won bronze in the same event. Vaishnavi Ghatole wrapped a silver and bronze each in Shotput and Discuss throw respectively. The day 1 ended with 20 medals.
The day 2 started with Kumar Devanand winning 2 golds in Triple Jump and Hurdles where as Aishwarya won silver and bronze in Triple Jump and High jump respectively. At the end of the event Abhyasa was adjudged the Overall Champions in both the Senior Boys and Girls categories. Abhyasa also bagged the Runners-Up trophy for the Best March Past.
The final medals tally of Abhyasa is as follows:
The Athletic events ended with a Bagful of Medals and with a hope and promise from all the students that the coming year all the Indiinfovidual Championships as well as the Overall championships also come to Abhyasa.
Sports and Other Achievements 2015
- Horlick's Wiz-kid Competition 2015: In the South Asia's only Gala Inter School Cultural Event, Abhyasa scored HATTRICK!!! by bagging Overall Championship at Hyderabad Horlicks Wizkid Competition 2015. Abhyasa won the All-Rounder Championship Trophy continually for 3 years: from 2013 to 2015by bagging the maximum number of prizes & trophies for individual & Group events. Over 5,000 Students from more than 120 Best schools of AP & Telangana participate in this event every year and Abhyasa has once again established her supremacy over the others continually.
- AP & Telangana Regional Sports 2015: Abhyasa has bagged the most number of medals : 106 in number and emerged as the All Rounder Champions in Swimming and Athletics ... Followed by runners-up in Volleyball in the AP & Telangana Regional Sports meet competitions held at Hyderabad in August 2015. These Abhyasa Students represented the AP & TELANGANA Regions at the National Level and won Gold & Silver Medals in Basketball, Cricket & Athletics for the Region!
- Three consecutive years: 2013 to 2015: Abhyasa has won the Quiz in the junior boy's category of the Inter-School Competitions conducted by the ASISC at the state level.
ASISC Sports meet for AP & Telangana State, 2014
- A Total of 119 medals were bagged by Abhyasa at ASISC Sports Meet for AP & Telangana States, 2014.
- Abhyasa clinched GOLD in Badminton Tournament - Mahaswi and Vamsi Krishna of Class XII have won GOLD in Badminton Doubles event of AP Regional Sports Meet 2014. The event was conducted at Victory Playground, Koti, Hyderabad.
- Abhyasa clinched GOLD in Volleyball event - Abhyasa Senior Boys clinched gold in the Volleyball event of AP & TS regions ICSE/ISC sports meet. Akshit Buggani of class XII was selected as the captain of the National Volleyball Team.
- Abhyasa wins GOLD in Football event - Abhyasa Senior Boys Football Team won gold in the Football event of AP & TS regions ICSE/ISC sports meet.
- Abhyasa clinched the silver medal in Basket Ball - Abhyasa Senior Boys Basketball Team won the silver medal in the senior category of ASISC Sports Meet.
- Abhyasa bags 11 medals in Aquatic event (Girls) - Abhyasa girls swimming team won 11 medals in various categories of the ASISC Sports Meet-2014 conducted at MCH Swimming Pool, Secunderabad. The medals include 1 Gold, 9 Silver & 1 Bronze.
- Abhyasa clinched the Overall Championship in Swimming Event - Abhyasa ISC Boys and ICSE Boys teams have bagged the Overall Championship by winning 9 Gold, 2 Silver & 2 Bronze and 6 Gold & 3 Silver respectively. Ashok Naik of class XII was the top performer with 3 Gold & 1 Silver.
- Abhyasa clinched the Overall Championship & Individual Championship in Athletics Event - Abhyasa ISC bagged the Overall Championship by winning 13 gold, 12 silver & 3 bronze medals respectively in athletics at ASISC, Sports Meet. Kumaraswamy of Class XII has bagged the individual championship at the event whereas Sai Kumar was adjudged as the Fastest Runner in Sports Meet. Kumar Devanand won Gold in 110 meters Hurdles in the National Athletics Event.
- Horlicks Wizkid 2014 Champions: Asia's largest Inter school Competition which is one of the most prestigious event in which over 6000 participants from over 60 Top Schools participate once in a year.
- Abhyasa won the Overall championship for the second consecutive year in 2014.
- Sriranga Samanvith Inkollu of class XII Commerce, was declared the "Horlicks Wizkid 2014" which is given to an exceptional student displaying exemplary character and personality at Horlicks Wizkids 2014. He is one among the ten students from India to take part in the competition held by Horlicks Wizkids in Bangalore.
- Abhyasa also won the ‘Most Motivating Placards' award for its motivating messages.
Sports Achievements 2013
- AP Regional ICSC Sports Meet: Abhyasa wins 11 Gold, 8 Silver Medals & 7 Bronze in Athletics, 12 Gold Medals in Volley Ball, 12 Silver in Circket, and 12 Bronze Medals in Basket Ball & 15 Gold 13 Silver 17 Bronze in Swimming. Total 107 Medals.
- Hyderabad Athletic Association Meet at Gacchibowli:
- Abhyasa Students Bagged 1 Gold 2 Silver 6 Bronze in different categories.
Sports Achievements 2012
AP Regional – Sports Meet: Abhyasa wins 32 Medals at the Medak District Level Athletic Competition (14 Gold, 9 Silver and 9 Bronze Medals) at the Andhra Pradesh ICSC Regional Sports Meet, - Abhyasa wins 10 Gold Medals, 11 Silver and 8 Bronze in Athletics, 12 Gold in Basket Ball, 15 Gold Medals, 13 Silver Medals and 8 Bronze Medals in Swimming – Total Abhyasa bags 77 medals – Master Anil Goud emerges the champion in Swimming at ISC level and Master Hari Krishna wins the individual championship in Athletics.
Sports Achievements 2011
AP Regional – Sports Meet: Abhyasa wins 11 Gold Medals, 5 Silver Medals, 8 Bronze Medals in Athletics and 16 Gold Medals, 5 Silver Medals and 11 Bronze Medals in Basket Ball & Swimming. Total 82 Medals and also the Overall Championship at the Andhra Pradesh Regional Sports Meet 2011.
Sports Achievements 2010
2010: AP Regional – Sports Meet: Abhyasa wins 17 Gold, 10 Sliver and 8 Bronze medals at the Inter School Swimming Competition at held MCH Pool, Secunderabad – Abhyasa wins the Inter School Basket Ball Championship with 12 Gold Medals while the juniors win the runners up in the competitions with 12 Silver Medals – Abhyasa also bags 1 Gold, 7 Silver and 2 Bronze medals in the Athletics Meet-Master Priyank Bharath Shah emerges as the Individual Champion in Swimming.
Sports Achievements 2009
AP Regional Sports Meet: Abhyasa bags 3 Gold Medals, 6 Bronze Medals in Senior Category & 2 Silver in Junior Category..
Sports Achievements 2008
AP Regional – Sports Meet: Abhyasa bags the overall championship in the Swimming events gaining 32 medals with 12 Gold, 13 Silver and 7 Bronze – Master G Vashista wins the Individual Championship in Swimming – Basket Ball teams win 12 medals and a shield securing the 3rd position – In Athletics, Abhyasa wins 3 Gold, 3 Gold, 3 Sliver and 4 Bronze medals – in total Abhyasa bags 60 medals – At the National Level competitions, 1 Silver and 2 Bronze medals in Swimming.
Sports Achievements 2007
AP Regional Sports Meet – Abhyasa bags 7 Gold, 5 Silver, 18 Bronze in total 30 Medals. At National Level, Abhyasa wins a Bronze in 3 km walk and a Gold at the National Level Senior Basket Ball Championship, and wins Bronze in the juniors Basket Ball competition. At the State level-AP Chief Minister Cup: Abhyasa bagged 10 out of 10 medals in the Chief Minister's Cup for Swimming.
Sports Achievements 2006
AP Regional Sports Meet: Abhyasa bags 19 medals in various events – National Sports Meet – Ms. Tanvi Dattani becomes winner of the National Basket Ball Team in Junior Category – Master Ajinkya Dawre (Runners UP) in Basket Ball, Master Sanjay Swamy wins the 3rd place in Senior Category along with Master Nikhil Salve.
Sports Achievements 2005
AP Regional Sports Meet: Abhyasa wins the following medals in various events – Nitesh Karela Shot-put-Bronze Medal & Discuss Throw – Bronze Medal – T. Shashank – 5 km walk – Gold Medial – Ms. Vijaya Lakshmi – Silver Medal – Sanjay Swamy – 100 mtrs Back Stroke – Gold Medal & 200 mtrs Back Stroke Silver Medal – M. Anand 100 mts. – Butterfly Stroke – Sliver Medial – M. Anand 100 mts. – Breast Stroke – Bronze Medal – Jayesh 100 mts. Free Style – Bronze Medal – jayesh 100 mts. – Butterfly – Bronze Medal – 4 X 100 mts. Relay – Silver Medal – National Sports Meet – Anand Kumar (Class XI) won Bronze Medal in the 4 X 100 mts. Relay in Swimming.
Sports Achievements 2004
AP Regional Sports Meet: Abhyasa carved a niche for itself in the sports arena, by playing host for the AP State Regional ISC & ICSE Sports Meet' 2003 in which around 50 schools from all over Andhra Pradesh participated. Medals won in Swimming – 7, Discuss Throw -1, Shot Put -1, 5 km walk – 3, 3 km walk – 1 – Jayesh Kariya wins bronze in swimming at the National Level Sports Meet.
Sports Achievements 2003
AP Regional Sports Meet: Five of our students were selected to represent Andhra Pradesh in the National meet held at Lucknow in Oct' 2003 Master Jayesh Kariya returned with a bronze in Swimming.
Sports Achievements 2002
AP ICSC School Sports Meet – 2001 held at Visakhapatnam: Ms. B. Swetha wins the following medals I Place – 1500 mts running, I Place – 400 mts running & Master Chetan Bir Singh wins 3rd place in 400 meters run.
Sports Achievements 2001
1) Master Naveen wins 1st prize in 100 mtr. Running & Second Prize in Long Jump.
2) Master Vikhyat Reddy wins Second Prize in shot-put at the sports meet conducted by AP Sports Academy.
3) Master Naveen wins the all round Individual Championship.
Sports Achievements 2000
AP Regional Sports Meet conducted at Palamaneru, Chittoor District, Andhra Pradesh.
Sports Achievements 1999
First time participation by Abhyasa students in an interschool sports completion at the sports meet of the ‘Association of ICSE School'. Master Kalyan Chakravarthy of class X wins a gold medal for Shotput.
Sports Achievements 1998
Master Chetan Ram wins 1st Place in the state Level Yoga Competitions held at Nandya (Kurnool District).
Sports Achievements 1997
7 acres of Land commissioned for Sports Ground for development of Games and Sports in the School.